An update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, regarding the activation of the Green Pass on the Technion’s campuses.
An update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, following Corona Cabinet decisions.
The Ministry of Public Health has reinstated the requirement to wear face masks in all closed spaces as of yesterday at noon. The implications to Technion students and staff are as follows:
- Everyone is required to wear masks inside buildings at the Technion.
- This requirement also holds in all classrooms and auditoria where lectures, tutorials and exams take place.
- Lecturers are allowed to take off the mask while they teach as long as they maintain a 2 meters distance from the closest student.
- There is no change in the schedule of classes and exams. The exams will be done on campus as announced previously.
- At the present time, the requirement to wear masks holds during the exams. We are trying to secure an exemption from this particular requirement and if successful we will announce it promptly.
- People suffering from medical issues that prevent them from wearing a mask need to secure an appropriate medical document to prove it.
- Sport activities in the gym and basket ball arena are exempt from the mask requirement. Masks must be worn in the closed pool (of course, not when staying in the water)
- Academic and administrative staff, as well as graduate students & postdocs are allowed to take off the masks while they are in an office which they occupy alone or with just one office mate. People working in larger open-spaces are allowed to take off the masks while in their working desk if proper partitions were placed near them.
- Please stay tuned to additional updates which we will send as soon as we receive them from authorized regulatory agencies.
Professor Boaz Golany
Executive Vice President and Director General
Professor Oded Rabinovitch
Senior Vice President
28th update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, regarding gradual return to activity routine
Re-opening the Sports Center: Updates and additional information
Please see below some updates regarding the re-opening of the Sport Center tomorrow:
- Negative Corona test will NOT enable entrance (this is in contrast to my previous message on this subject).
- Using formal Vaccination / Corona recovery confirmation will be possible tomorrow as many people who were vaccinated have not yet printed the Green Badge Confirmation. But, from Monday onwards, entrance will be possible only to those holding formal Green Badge confirmations (please look for the RAMZOR website of the Ministry of Public Health where one can print these confirmations).
- The numbers of people staying simultaneously in the swimming pools complex and the gym are restricted by the Green Badge regulation to maximum capacity figures. We will monitor these numbers and in case we reach these ceilings, new arrivals will have to wait until some users of the center leave. If and when the demand to the center’s facilities will surge, we will reinstall an early reservation system.
- At this stage, children under the age of 16 are not allowed to enter the Sport Center.
- Users of the center’s facilities are kindly requested to follow the guidelines printed and pasted inside the complex.
- The gym will reopen tomorrow on 7AM and the pool complex at 10AM.
Wishing good health to all,
Gradual return to routine on campus
Vaccination option on campus next week
Dear faculty members, Technion and TRDF employees, and students,
In support of the Israeli government’s effort to vaccinate the Israeli population against the Coronavirus, the Technion, in cooperation with the Ministry of Public Health, will be offering a vaccination program on campus next week.
Anyone interested in receiving the vaccination, please register here . If we’ll see sufficient demand, Magen David Adom will set up a vaccination booth in the Zilony Student Union building. The exact date will be announced after we will know the number of people registered and an appropriate notice will be distributed.
Members of all 4 major HMOs ( Clalit, Leumit, Maccabi and Meuhedet) will all be able to receive the vaccination in this booth.
Vaccinations will not be available for those who have recovered from the Corona virus, those who are currently ill with COVID-19, or those who are under 16 years of age.
24th update by Prof. Boaz Golany, Executive Vice President and Director General, regarding Technion’s operations from next week onwards in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
יוצרים קמפוס בטוח: בדיקות נאור
עד להתחסנותה של כלל האוכלוסייה, ובמקביל לשמירה הדוקה על כללי התו הסגול, אחת הדרכים היעילות ביותר לקטיעת שרשראות ההדבקה ולשמירה על בריאות באי קמפוס הטכניון היא הפעלת מערך של בדיקות מהירות ותכופות לאיתור הנגיף.
לאחר מאמץ ממושך של צוות מחקר ייעודי ומרכזי פרויקט “קמפוס בטוח” (הפרופ’ דני רז ממדעי המחשב ואביגדור גל מהנדסת תעו”נ), הנהלת הטכניון גאה להכריז על מבצע בדיקות מהיר ונרחב למען השמירה על בריאות הסטודנטים הגרים במעונות. המבצע ייצא לדרך השבוע לטובת הסטודנטים, העובדים וחברי הסגל. השקת מערך הבדיקות הגיעה במקביל להתפרצות המחודשת של המגפה בארץ והעלייה הדרמטית במספר החולים והדבר רק מעצים את חשיבותו.
הבדיקה המהירה פותחה ע”י ד”ר נעמה גבע-זטורסקי מהפקולטה לרפואה ע”ש רפפורט, בשיתוף חוקרים מביה”ח רמב”ם וממפא”ת, באפריל האחרון. הטכנולוגיה מוסחרה על ידי הטכניון להמשך פיתוח בחברת ראפיד דיאגנוסטיק סיסטמס בע״מ, המפתחת את הפלטפורמה תחת השם NaorCov19″ (www.naordia.com)”.
היום נפתחה לראשונה בארץ עמדת “NaorCov19” לבדיקה מהירה בטכניון. הבדיקות זמינות עבורכם מידי יום בעמדה הממוקמת בקומה 1 בבית הסטודנט, בשעות 10:30 – 12:30.
מומלץ למלא את הטפסים הנדרשים לבדיקה עוד בטרם הגיעכם לבדיקה הראשונה, על מנת למנוע התקהלויות. הקישור הישיר לטפסים נמצא כאן לנוחותכם:
כמו כן, אנא ודאו שיש בטלפון הנייד שלכם יישומון לקריאת קוד QR (QR Reader). לפרטים ולסיוע ניתן לפנות לגב’ אנה שרדר בכתובת: email@example.com או בטלפון 04-8295153.
באיחולי בריאות טובה לכולם,
To all the Technion community – students, employees (Technion and TRDF) and academic staff,
As the third lockdown comes into effect at midnight today, I wish to update you regarding the way the Technion will operate during the lockdown (currently scheduled to last until January 21st but may be extended dependent on the situation):
- The updated Purple Badge regulations forbid congregations of more than 5 people in a closed space and up to 10 people in the open air. This regulation hold to all gatherings including team meetings or the research labs. In general, we ask you to avoid physical meetings as much as possible, even if they involve less than 5 people.
- Work at the Technion will continue at a reduced format according to specific guidelines distributed to the chief administrators in each unit. HR departments at the Technion and the TRDF will inform the directors of each unit regarding the flexibly to work at home and the reporting protocols involved.
- Admin work on campus will be limited to activities that support the continuity of operations at the Technion and the TRDF (e.g., maintaining our ability to continue providing online teaching, etc.).
- Academic staff, lab teams, graduate students and postdocs are allowed to continue operating the research labs under the updated Purple Badge regulations.
- Clinical training and out-of-campus educational activities are allowed.
- Teaching staff are allowed to use the classrooms that were equipped with proper multi-media capabilities to teach (but without physical presence of students)
- Students living off campus are kindly requested NOT to come to the campus. During the lockdown, there will be no frontal teaching, no teaching labs, no frontal exams, etc. Also, for the time being we won’t allow the usage of libraries and other facilities for self-learning (but we are trying to change that regulation and will report if successful).
- Students living in the dorms will follow the same regulations as other citizens living in ordinary neighborhoods (in particular, they can go in and out of campus up to 1000 meters to purchase food etc.).
- There is no need for special travel permits and entering the campus will continue as it’s done today by presenting your ID (student, employee, etc.) and Health Statement.
We all hope that this 3rd lockdown will be the last one and that together with the vaccination campaign we will be able to gradually re-open the campus right after the lockdown and bring it back to routine operations at the beginning of the Spring semester.
Wishing all of you good health,